When we need to disable antivirus:
We know that in modern time our PC systems are much vulnerable to virus attack due to our continuous connection to internet. That’s why we should not turn off antivirus without any purpose. So to avoid our system from virus attacks we must know how to temporarily disable Bitdefender antivirus.
Meanwhile some time we encounter such situation when we are unable to install some software with antivirus protection. SO overcome this situation and to install software in PC we have to disable Antivirus security temporarily.
To know how to disable Bitdefender total security one should follow below instructions.
1. You should disable antivirus program only for particular time when you are installing the other program, After successful installation enable the antivirus again.
2. If you are downloading the program then make sure to download from reliable source.
3. If you are installing program by disk then scan the disk with antivirus first. If it is clean then start the disable process of disable.
4. Never disable antivirus unless you are going to install some program or if you got some email to disable antivirus.
- Click on the Settings button in the ANTIVIRUS program interface.
- In the Shield tab, turn off the switch next to Bitdefender Shield by clicking on it.
- In the Drives and devices tab, click on the button next to Scan mapped network drives and select Disabled.
- Return to the Protection Features screen.
- Click on the Settings button in the ONLINE THREAT PREVENTION module. In the Web Protection tab, turn off all five switches for the following features: Web attack prevention, Search Advisor, Encrypted web scan, Fraud protection, Phishing protection. In the Network Threat Prevention tab, set the switch to OFF.
- Go back to the Protection Features screen.
- In the FIREWALL module, set the switch to OFF.
- In the ADVANCED THREAT DEFENSE module, set the switch to OFF.
- In the ANTISPAM module, set the switch to OFF.
- In the VULNERABILITY module, set the switch to OFF.
- In the SAFE FILES module, set the switch to OFF.
- In the RANSOMWARE REMEDIATION module, set the switch to OFF.
- Go to the Privacy screen.
- Click Configure under PARENTAL CONTROL.
- This will open a Bitdefender Central tab in your default web browser. Sign in if prompted.
- Choose the profile associated with your device, click the icon next to it and select Devices. Uncheck the box next to the name of your PC, then click SAVE.
- In the WEBCAM PROTECTION module, set the switch to OFF.
- In the PASSWORD MANAGER module, set the switch to OFF.
- Return to the main Bitdefender interface and go to Settings window.
- Go to the PROFILES tab.
- Set the switch next to Activate profiles automatically to OFF.
- Scroll down to the Real-time optimization and turn it OFF.
- If the issue is solved after disabling all these modules, re-enable just one at a time in order to identify the culprit module.