How to Unlock Cash App Account? Recover Locked Cash App Account
The Cash App users can unlock the Cash App account easily in a few simple steps. Before that, you should know why Cash App locked your account? Cash App blocks or stops the transaction for multiple reasons. Usually, the most common factors are suspicious or unusual activity, violation of Cash App policy or irregular payments, etc. However, the best part of the Cash app Policy is, it allows users to recover the locked account.
The users on the Cash App payment platform are extremely satisfied with its services. If we compare the Cash App with other similar apps, it can be concluded that it is far ahead of the other application. Users can easily transfer money or receive payment instantly. Store money in the Cash App wallet, use it for payments, purchase, buy Stock or Bitcoin as per the requirement. Everything is simple and easy to perform as it has the best user interface.
Users need to follow the step-by-step on-screen prompts to complete the transaction. If you are using Cash App, then you must be aware of the pros and cons of the application. Here you will find how to get the account back if it is closed or locked.
Why is My Cash App Account Locked?
There is no doubt that the Cash App has proved its efficacy and popularity over the years. It is one of the secure and safe payment applications. Once you set up an account, you can start sending money, receiving payments, and withdrawing cash.
Additionally, you can also invest in stock and bitcoin using the Cash App balance. This is the reason; it became a popular payment app as people can access different services on a single platform.
The data and payments details of the users are encrypted to protect them from online fraudulent activity. No one can breach the security of Cash App as it has the best technology in the industry.
Cash App security features continuously monitor the activity of the users, and if there is anything suspicious or unnatural, it may result in account suspension or block.
If you try to log in with the wrong password, then after some login attempts, Cash App may suspend your account. Mainly, if there is unusual or fraudulent activity, failed login attempts and illicit fund transfers are the key factors that lead to account block or suspension.
The Cash app closes the account to protect the users’ funds and data from getting hacked. The further action that needs to be taken has been explained below.
How to Unblock my Cash App Account?
You can activate your locked account as per the following instructions:
- Login to your Cash App account on phone.
- Go to the profile tab at the homepage and tap the same.
- Click on the ‘Support’ link at the bottom of the page.
- Approach customer support and raise your concerns about the locked Cash App account.
- Cash App may send you some queries to ascertain your identity. Hence, submit your answers without any delay.
- Once the identity verification is confirmed, Cash App will grant you access to your locked account within 24 to 48 hours.
How to Recover Blocked Cash App Account?
The following steps will help you to recover your Locked Cash App account:
- Unlock your Android or iOS device and run the Cashapp application.
- Access the profile tab at the homepage.
- Tap on the ‘Sign Out’ option.
- Now, go to the login option and enter your phone number or e-mail ID associated with the old account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and get your account back.
However, if you are unable to recover the closed Cash App account, you can get help from customer support, as discussed above.
How to access a closed Cash App account?
Unfortunately, if your Cash App account is closed or locked for any reason, you can try to access the account as per the steps mentioned above. However, before that, you should keep ready following things:
- Phone number and E-mail Id registered with the closed account.
- Debit card or bank account details
- Available balance or last transaction information.
Once you have all this information ready, go to the support tab on Cash App. Submit your query and request Cash App to reopen the account. Now, Cash app may ask you for information like registered email id, Phone number, debit card details, bank account details and last few transactions.
After verifying the identity, Cash App may allow you to open a closed Cash App account.
How to create a new Cash App account?
- Download the Cash App from Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Start the sign-up process and enter your phone number or e-mail ID.
- An automated security code is sent on the given phone number or e-mail ID for verification.
- Enter the code and follow the subsequent steps.
- Link your debit card or bank account with the Cash App.
- You can also provide your full name, date of birth and SSN to verify the account.
- Set up your username or $Cashtag, as it will help you to receive payment effortlessly.
Can you have 2 Cash App Accounts?
Yes, you can run two Cash App accounts simultaneously. However, there should be a separate phone number and e-mail ID in both accounts. If you are using Cash App on your phone, then you can use one account at a time. You cannot run both accounts on the same mobile or browser.
However, you can access both accounts on two different devices. You can easily transfer or receive funds from one account to another.
How can you unlock the Account on Cash App?
You can unlock the Cash App account as per the steps below:
- Open Cash App and login into your account.
- Tap on the Profile tab.
- Scroll down the page and click on the ‘Support’ tab.
- Here you need to send your request to open the closed account on Cash App.
- The support team may ask you some questions to ascertain your identity.
- Submit your responses carefully as per the direction.
- After due process of verification, Cash App will allow you to access the locked account.
The Cash App users can unlock the account if it is locked due to any reason. There is a standard procedure to recover the locked account. Generally, Cash App locks or closes the account for violation of terms and conditions or unusual activity.
In such a scenario, one needs to contact customer support, verify your identity and get unlock your account. You need to keep the email ID, phone number and debit card details of the old account ready for reference. The customer support team may ask about these details.
Q: How to unlock Cash App account?
A: The users need to approach customer support to get the account unlocked. Simply access the Cash App profile tab and go to the Support tab. send your request to unlock the account on Cash App. After verifying your identity, you will get access to your locked account.
Q: What to do if Cash App won’t unlock my account?
A: If Cash App won’t unlock your account, it implies that there are some serious violations of the terms of services. It would be quite tough to get access back to your account if it was involved in fraudulent activity or unlawful activity.
Q: How long does it take for Cash App to unlock my account?
A: Once you establish contact with the support team, you need to clarify things in detail regarding your locked account. Usually, it takes around 24 to 48 hours to unlock the account.
Q: Can I lock my Cash App account temporarily?
A: No, you can’t lock your account temporarily. There is no such option to deactivate or block the account temporarily. However, if you want to close your account permanently, then you can delete the account.